Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day, Mystery Man & some Passing Clouds

Love is in the Air around Daylesford today; hand holding over coffee, baristas drawing love hearts in cappuccino foam, uniformed fireman handing out roses. I’m channelling Mother Teresa to stop myself from wanting to punch the Happy Couples.  As my favourite self-help book so aptly exclaims, “If I’m so wonderful, why am I still single?” Thankfully, those dark years of depressing Valentines have come to an end. Today, I have a lunch date with Mystery Man under the vines at Passing Clouds winery.

After hours of indecision over what to wear, I’m finally dressed. Trelise Cooper white cropped trousers and sheer off-the-shoulder Camilla Franks Kaftan. Finished off with a spray of Ralph Lauren Romance. Sexy without giving away the farm (think Meryl Streep in Out of Africa). At Passing Clouds, Cameron (owner/winemaker) has his Cupid Bow primed. Recently married himself, Cameron is a walking Rom Com waiting to be written. For there under the vines, he’d laid out a fur throw, aubergine silk cushions, Olive Bread (Red Beard Bakery), Duck Parfait (Piper St Food Co), Prosciutto (Istra), Melting Moments (Mrs Vintage Baker), and copious bottles of the divine Passing Clouds Sparkling Chardonnay 2008...Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment