Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Dowry that Was

Mother and Father were delighted when they heard that I was moving to the countryside. Father’s smile wider than the Prada range, exclaimed, “Finally, you’ll meet a farmer and get married.” The prayer chain that he and Mother started nine years ago isn’t exactly coming up roses, so all hopes rest on Daylesford now. No pressure whatsoever.

I’d make a great Farmer’s wife, just can’t quite see myself doing farm chores, housework, shearing, driving a tractor, wearing overalls or sewing curtains.  Small issues which we’ll easily iron out once married. While I'm looking forward to spending the remaining few years of my life (well I’m hardly a spring chicken now) with a soul mate, I’ll also be pleased to finally bring to a close two decades of discussing The Dowry that Was. Reason enough to seek out Farmer who wants a Wife...Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment