Friday, February 10, 2012

Michael Jackson’s songwriter goes Soul Searching

They say that Famous People always find other Famous People. No matter how obscure the location. Who are these people? And how do they know me so well? So I’m sitting in Frangos & Frangos having a late afternoon, sneaky little Rum Punch, when Hot Caribbean Chap, with sexy Jason Statham English accent, sits down next to me, looks me square in the eyes and says, “I know you from somewhere? Memphis? London? The Grammy’s?”  Realistically it could have been any of these places, but these days I have to be careful about potential stalkers (and sneaky paparazzi), so I played it cool. He cast a momentary glance at the waitress and next minute… two glasses of champagne arrived. That sealed it; ordering without uttering a word is a common trait among famous people. I relaxed.

Turns out that my champagne buddy is none other than Geoffrey Williams. Songwriter and artist. He’s written songs for Michael Jackson and Dusty Springfield, mentored Lemar, signed to Atlantic, EMI, then later Jive Records, and topped the charts in Germany. Wow! And now he lives in Daylesford; performing, producing and writing. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, “Daylesford is the emerging Memphis of Australia.” There’s definitely something in the water!...Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment