Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fats Domino, a piano, & all that Jazz

Somewhere in between London and Daylesford, I fell deeply in love with duvets* (Qantas Business Class flat beds and fairytale soft duvets were a major turning point). Just like that, I went from being Girl Friday socialite to Sleeping Beauty. Swopping champagne cocktails for Horlicks and Glee re-runs on Friday nights. But last night broke the mould, after the FACE OFF Four talked me out of my Duvet Pyjamas and onto the town. I wore Prada and Sonia Rykiel.

First stop, the grand opening of Jo Ruchel’s “Hong Kong Dialogue” art exhibition at MADE Gallery.  Artists, actors, interior designers, Celebrity Landscape Gardener, the Mad Men entourage, entrepreneurs and a famous writer (me!) gathered over champagne to applaud Jo’s stunning Hong Kong cityscapes. Jo was resplendent in a black avant-garde Chinese gown and luscious red head scarf. Her paintings just as fabulous; selling faster than you can say Chang Robinson.  I didn’t know which was more exciting; leaving the house on a Friday night, the divine Chinese Dumplings direct from Beijing or attentive Handsome Male Nurse holding my champagne in between sips, like a devoted Dame Edna’s Madge...Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment