Thursday, December 29, 2011

Daylesford “Makeover Me”… Spa Hopping to fabulous!

Walking up to Frangos & Frangos for coffee this morning, and happened to catch my reflection in the window? Goodness me, when did I stop wearing makeup? And what is going on with my posture?  I go to pull out a tissue (to wipe away the tears) and notice my nails. Now I’m too traumatised to cry. Sitting over calming latte, a cunning plan comes to mind. I need a makeover! Given I live in the spa haven of Australia, with day spas on every corner, I wont need to walk far.

Some call me the Oprah of Makeovers. Even Trinny & Suzannah have asked for the occasional fashion tip. It happened quite by accident. I was cocktailing at Jude Law’s favourite pub, The Engineer in Highgate with fabulista friends, Tim and Laurence, when Dowdy Girl dressed head-to-toe in black bought me a glass of champagne. Immediate thought, “She’s either the kindest waitress in London or I’m looking particularly hot today?” I’m reminded of Father’s frequent rhetoric, “Why do these things keep happening to you?”

Long story abridged…. Dowdy Girl had had seen me presenting at a Marketing Conference, worked out that we both knew Laurence, and convinced him to arrange a meet. Putting aside her slight stalking tendencies, Dowdy Girl really did need a makeover. Forty eight hours later, 3 department stores, 4 jean brands, 5 coffees, 2 brandies and 1 terribly good lunch at Bluebird Café in Chelsea… Dowdy Girl disappeared and re-emerged as Smokin’ Hot Accountant. Word spread and soon I was doing 1-2 makeovers a month. 

Then moved to rural Australia, let my roots slip and turned into Cruella Down Under. My inner Supermodel screaming to get out. For maximum impact, Daylesford “Makeover Me” was scheduled over just one day....Read more...

2 comments:

  1. I have really just noticed how good the photography is in here. Maybe didn't notice because they are so good. they ust slide right in. It's not until one stops and looks closely, and hey, interesting and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why thankyou.. its the canon that's the superstar

    ReplyDelete