Thursday, June 23, 2011

Farmer wants a Wife cameo

My parents were beside themselves with delight when they heard that I was moving to the countryside; Father’s face lighting up like a Christmas tree, “finally you’ll meet a farmer and get married.” (the ultimate answer to a prayer chain that’s been running for the last 9 years).  Possible? Maybe not!  I was on W&C’s farm over in Clunes last week for a photo shoot of their British White cows, and came face to face with the fundamental flaw in my eternally hopeful parent’s plan.  Muddy paddocks, dawn, cows-that-don’t-listen-to-reason and Me, might not be a match made in heaven.

Part of the shoot involved wrapping up the calves in winter woollies (it’s mighty cold out there at 6am, why wouldn’t they want to be all rugged up?). The cows however, were too busy pooping on my leather boots to be concerned with the task at hand.  A particularly low point was watching Wayne chasing a calf around the paddock, trying to get my £300 Joseph cashmere scarf wrapped around his neck, and then in a last ditch effort,  just throwing it at the four-legged diva’s backside. Only to have it stomped on by the five (not particularly lightly footed) cows racing along behind!...Read more...

2 comments:

  1. I love the Wellies, where can I get a pair like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are quite fabulous. It's quite convoluted to buy them online as they a limited edition collaboration between Hunter and Royal Horticultural Society, and only sold to UK postal addresses. However I contacted their main distributor The Outdoor and Country store and they advised me how to get around the international postage situation
    1. Register at outdoorandcountry.com
    2. sign in at www.outdoorandcountry.co.uk
    3. purchase

    Because these are limited edition (the print is from a 1790 print currently held in the RHS society library)-if you are interested, then buy fast because they are running out of stock of most colours. My boot (pictured) is Black Mix, but the boot also comes in Black Grey, Green and Pink (I think). Total delivered cost was A$140

    Happy wellie shopping

    ReplyDelete