Sunday, June 19, 2011

Winter is cramping my style

It's another minus 2degrees morning and I'm wrapped head to toe in layers of merino and wool, finished off with a long sheepskin cardigan. I resemble a chubby Eskimo dressed for a trek to the store 60km away, but am extremely toastie nonetheless. What I don’t understand, is why keeping warm usually means turning into a fashion pharaoh? Especially when fashion from fleece has long been a favourite of couturiers from Milan right down to New Zealand. 

Naturally, I have a theory. No fashionista in their right mind is ever chunky (I am the very rare exception), so they never wear clothes that show them as anything other than skinny. High fashion is designed for the fashionistas, so winter wear is more about being fashionably hot than wraparound warm...Read more...

2 comments:

  1. Not yet! You have to stay on to help me set up Duvet and Heating booths around the region! We can also stock them with Stoli and Bolly for extra warmth.

    ReplyDelete