Monday, May 7, 2012

Tried & Tested Natural Beauty remedies – MASSAGE OILS

Years ago, an Aveda Beautician explained when the Chanel Rouge Allure #207 lipstick I love so much disappears from the lips; it hasn’t gone to Makeup Heaven but directly to my stomach. Admittedly I’m no Muriel Hemingway (Ambassador for World Wellness Week); nevertheless there is a plan to be still radiating good health even after receiving Prada’s Senior Citizens Concession Card. “Eating” my way through 4kg of lipstick parabens each year is probably not going to help. Ever since then I’ve walked the Nature Trail to Fabulousness; testing a world of products to work out which bring out my Natural Beauty.

Being a Natural Beauty can be strenuous (don’t let anyone tell you otherwise), so yesterday I popped in to see Louise at Endota Day Spa for a much needed massage. Endota are such big fans of nurturing Nature back to life the natural way, they even have their own spa product range with the promise “Down to Earth ingredients. Heavenly Results.” Love that they realise it’s not enough to simply have no petroleum derivatives, parabens, synthetics, dibutyl pthalate, sodium lauryl sulphate or formaldehyde. Any woman would tell you…noticeable results are just as important. After a deep tissue massage, I want to see the stress magically removed from my face. Body back to relaxed state the way nature intended. Thankfully, Louise never fails me or my frowning brow line.

As usual, the massage started with a delicious exfoliating foot bath. Such lovely way to relax before climbing into gently heated blankets on the massage table. Wish my bed was this cosy.

Louise knows I’m in love with Olive and Macadamia Massage Oil; the heavy duty stress eliminator, capable even of deknotting the body chaos that ensued after hearing news that my sister has taken to wearing Crocs. Before I could suggest Louise just pour the whole bottle over me, towels were tightly tucked around my head to stifle any further chat. Well played. Olives and Macadamia’s have similar compositions, both Super Foods with high absorption anti-inflammatory properties. No dilly dallying around with oils that smell good and that’s about it. Within 20 minutes, I could physically feel knots unravel like the career of the person who created Crocs. Except for the sharp pain across my shoulders. Must be all that stressing about how to explain to Theresa that she must burn those Crocs.  Like a mind reader, Louise brought out the Mother of all DeKnotters, Clove & Mint Muscle Magic.

This magical muscle balm is the Va Va Voom of remedial massage. Clove is a quiet overachiever; charming its way into the body as a powerful natural painkiller and anesthetic. With warming properties similar to Vicks Vapour, just much more natural. Mix this with a variety of mint oils including peppermint, cajuput and camphor oils, which interestingly do the reverse; cooling the skin, reducing bruising and relaxing muscles and ligaments. Somehow all this heating and cooling works its magic and Voilà, shoulders sorted. Furrowed forehead lines….GONE. Honest to goodness Truth.

If you enjoyed this article please LIKE us on Tweed Tea and Wellies Facebook page here. We'd love that! Also whilst you're at it why not follow us on Twitter @pradagoesrural 

No comments:

Post a Comment