Monday, March 12, 2012

Sexy Italian woos Daylesford. Let the good times roll!

I arrived at 5.35pm and everyone looked like they’d been there since 1986. Despite the invitation being for 5.30pm. As a new Volunteer (technically still a trainee) for Daylesford Information Centre, I was attending this month’s “Know our Town” Famil at Jimmy’s Bar.

What is it with time in the country? City folk know never to turn up on time… makes one look too desperate. Being time tardy is not without its problems.  A few years ago, I was attending a Microsoft conference in Atlanta, USA.  My plane arrived so late; I had to go directly to the Atlanta Convention Complex (just behind CNN Headquarters). As I was walking through the arena doors, a text came through from colleagues inside, saying “Hide your iPhone!!!!”  Could have used that information 60 seconds earlier. I looked up from my iPhone to see 15,000 Microsoft disciples and Bill Gates staring at me. On the floor to ceiling screen behind Bill was the battle cry, “APPLE IS OUR ENEMY.” My career at Microsoft was fairly short lived after that!

You’d think I’d learn. Apparently not! Another time I tried to quietly enter Collette Dinnigan’s Paris Fashion Week Show at Hotel de Crillon in Place de la Concorde, after Vogue US editor, Anna Wintour. Suffice to say, I’ve never been given a Press Pass to Paris Fashion Week since....Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment