Sunday, March 25, 2012

Michelin Guide, take a Seat

Rarely a day goes by, without someone asking me, “Where do you eat in Daylesford? “ What they really want (other than an autographed copy of my book “to Daylesford, with Love”) is to be guided through the vast maze of Daylesford restaurants and cafes. Somehow I’ve ended up becoming Anna Wintour of the regional food world; guiding diners through the gastronomical zeitgeist of the moment.

Apprenticeship for this prestigious community service involved munching my way around Europe, guided by Michelin stars, spoons and forks. While romping through the oh la la culinary landscape mapped out in the revered Red Bible, I’ve steadfastly retained Miss Piggy conviction that Prada skinny jeans are using less and less fabric each year. Clearly I’m loving The Michelin; staying loyal even after it took stars away from my favourite restaurant (and home to the world’s best truffle degustation menu), Chez Bruno in Lorgues, France. However, recently I’ve been wondering whether time has come to add another symbol. A Chair maybe?...Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment