Monday, July 4, 2011

Truffles, car chases and serenading French Army – Part 2

Driving with the roof down into the nestled Provencal village of Aups (third largest truffle market in France), the air was thick with a pungent yet delicate aroma of truffles, rich as the earth itself.  Restaurateurs from as far as Nice come to the Aups weekly winter Truffle Market to buy their black gold straight from the forest. I’m here after convincing a magazine back in New Zealand to let me be their roving European journalist...Read more...

2 comments:

  1. so...was he really a naughty boy or just misunderstood? and...did he make it to the date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He got out on bail the next day. As for whether he did it - well you know how confusing these mafia coffee afternoons can be... "He shot me", "Get outta here, you shot me" and so on.
    Still see him for the odd cocktail when I'm down in the South of France but tend to take my own bodyguards with me now

    ReplyDelete